I like Chinese Cabbage, be it stir fried, braised or soup and will never get bored eating it everyday! Chinese cabbage is very refreshing especially if you make it into soup. For this recipe, it's a meatless soup and I omitted anchovies stock and meat. Hence, I added miso into it. It's very refreshing and I had it for lunch; just the soup only and without any rice or noodles. You can add fish balls, prawns, meat or any ingredients that come to your mind.
- 1 small Chinese cabbage (washed and cut)
- 3 dried mushrooms (soaked and sliced)
- 1/2 carrot (shredded)
- 1/2 tbsp Chinese Wolfberries/goji berries (washed)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 thumbsized ginger (crushed)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- enough water for the soup
- 1 tbsp oil
Seasonings : (to taste)
- 1 tbsp miso
- a dash of salt
- soy sauce
1) Heat oil in a wok and saute ginger and garlic until aromatic.
2) Add Chinese cabbage, mushrooms and carrots. Stir and mix well.
3) Add water. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat.
4) Pour in beaten egg. Gently stir it.
5) Lower the heat to medium low. Add miso and Chinese Wolfberries. Stir and mix well.
6) Season with salt, soy sauce and pepper.
7) Serve hot.
Simple, healthy and refreshing soup for your family
Do enjoy :)
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)