Again and again..... my apologies for MIA. For the past few months I have been busy with my other commitments and glad to say that, finally I managed to get around updating my site here.... 👋👋👋
After recovery from my recent food poisoning, I have been on clean eating most of the time. This Hearty One-Pot Sweet Corn Tomato Steamed Brown Rice is one of the foods that I prepared for myself and family. It's very easy to prepare and even your small kid has no problem cooking it.Do not underestimate this simple bowl of rice. This all-in-one meal is packed with nutrients and it's a stress-free way of preparing meal especially when you are under the weather!
This one-pot meal is also suitable for vegetarians....for vegans, just substitute butter with coconut oil.
Hearty One-Pot Sweet Corn Tomato Steamed Brown Rice
Ingredients : (the measurement is just served as a guideline and I added whatever is available in my kitchen)
- 1.5 cups brown rice (you may use white rice as per your usual portion)
- water for rice (do take note that you should reduce about 1/4 cup of water from your usual water portion)
- 1 large tomato (cut into chunks)
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn kernels
- 1 slice of fresh turmeric (smashed)
- some Chinese Wolfberries/Goji Berries
- some pandan leaves
- about a tbsp butter
- sea salt to taste
- or any seasoning you likeMethod :
1) Put all the above ingredients into the electric rice cooker and cook as you normally cook your rice.
2) See, your rice is ready to be served! Easy isn't it?
Serve warm with a sprinkle of black and white sesame seeds
Hope you like this simple yet healthy bowl of rice
Other rice recipes you might be interested 👇👇👇 Just click at the image for the respective recipe.
Cheers and have an awesome weekend ahead 💖