This year Father's Day, I decided to cook hubby's favorite pan grilled lamb shoulder chops! This is such an easy peasy recipe and even my children can do it too. Eating at home doesn't mean you need to sacrifice anything. I get to really experience with different types of herbs and spices as well as our desired doneness. I personally prefer rare and medium-rare but am a bit concern of some harmful bacteria that may still be present in the internal portions of the meat. So most of the time I have it medium-rare and well done. Still, many people (I am one of them!) prefer lamb cooked rare but this is up to individual's preference, but just be more caution of what we are eating.
Marinating the meat with mixed dried herbs and extra garlic, the meat is flavorful enough on its own and no sauce is required. You may serve it with your favorite sauce if you like. It's up to individual's preference.Pan-Fried Aromatic and Flavorful Lamb Shoulder Chops with extra garlic and mixed dried herbs
- 6 lamb shoulder chops
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Garlic powder
Marinade : (to taste)
- 1/2 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 1tbsp dried basil
- 3 bulbs garlic, roughly chopped (I like the taste of the well-seasoned and grilled chopped garlic)
- 2tsp seasalt
- some freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Side Dishes (Optional) : Individual's preference
- potatoes (cut into your desired sizes)
- tomatoes (cut into your desired sizes)
1) Mix all the above marinade and rub on both sides of the chops until evenly coated. Seal the chops in a ziploc bag and marinate for at least 4 hours and up to 12 in the refrigerator.
2) Take out the marinated chops and sprinkle some garlic powder on both sides of the chops.
3) Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick pan and pan fry the chops over medium high heat. Cook to your desired doneness.
4) Meanwhile, if you still have enough space in the pan, go ahead and add in the tomatoes. (My main purpose of cooking the tomatoes together with the chops is to mix it together with the seasonings. It's very flavorful. This is optional)
5) Otherwise, just grilled the tomatoes and potatoes separately.
6) Serve the lamb shoulder chops with tomatoes and potatoes.
A delicious warming treat for the family
The meat is flavorful enough on its own with the extra garlic and mixed dried herbs and so, no sauce is required.
Here's wishing all my Muslim readers, #SALAM AIDILFITRI. MAAF ZAHIR BATIN#
To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK.
Sorry to inform that for the time being, I have disabled comment box as I won't be able to return visit to my fellow bloggers who are kind enough to drop me a line or two. The comment box will be enabled when I am not so tied up with my work schedule. However, you may contact me by leaving your message or comment at SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)