What do you do with the leftover bread? Are you bored of eating the usual bread with just butter and jam? Have you been always scratching your head what to have for breakfast? Or something simple and healthy for your kids to bring to school? Or may be just a simple lunch for yourself? Or supper?
Well, I should thank Sri of Love2cook Malaysia for this simple and yet very yummylicious dish. It does sound a bit weird but when comes to the taste, it's not weird at all. In fact, I am so happy that finally I managed to cook this dish. Just had this for lunch (have yet to do the washing and luckily my girls are doing the washing for me NOW) and just couldn't wait any longer to share this to all my dear readers as I know you all will be glad to see this recipe. It's so simple and you can have it anytime you like. The main ingredients are the eggs and bread. Be creative with the additional ingredients or just add any of your preference ingredients. Once again thanks to Sri of Love2cook Malaysia for the idea of stir frying bread. I added whatever is available and phew.... yummy yummy...
- 6 eggs (beaten with a dash of salt and pepper)
- 6 slices of plain bread (cut into small pieces)
- 5 fresh Swiss button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 tomato (cut)
- 1 big onion (sliced)
- 6 stalks of Chinese chives/kuchai (cut)
- some Thai basil
- enough oil or butter (I used Ghee as I still have it from my previous Bubur Lambuk)
Seasonings : (to taste)
- salt and pepper (mix with the beaten egg)
- soy sauce
1) Heat oil or butter in wok.
2) Add all the ingredients except bread, beaten egg and basil. Stir fry until fragrant.
3) Push the mixed ingredients to the side of the wok. Add the beaten egg.
4) When the egg is thickened (not set), mix the ingredients with the egg and scramble them together over low heat.
5) Then, add pieces of bread and basil. Stir fry until fragrant.
6) Turn off the heat. Add a dash of soy sauce. Stir and mix well.
7) Dish out and serve.
Serve it with your favourite chili or tomato sauce
Isn't it easy and yummy? Try this for your kids.
I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.
I am also submitting this to Back 2 School Event by Kachuss Delights
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!