My family members love Chinese Leeks. We love it especially if stir fried it with roast pork belly. I am sure most Malaysian Chinese know how sinfully delectable this dish is if served with soy sauce and bird's eye chili! It's very addictive too. Sometimes hubby and I enjoy having it just with cold beers; without rice. Whereas my children would have extra rice if Chinese Leeks is served!
For a change, you can also mix and match Chinese Leeks with whatever dishes you have in mind.
Simple Stir Fried Chinese Leeks with Tau Kua
- 5 pcs semi-soft tofu (cubed and deep or pan fried)
- 4 Chinese Leeks (washed and cut)
- 1 pair Chinese Sausage (washed and sliced)
- 1 carrot (julienne)
- 1 thumb sized ginger (crushed)
Seasonings : (to taste)
- soy sauce
- Chinese cooking wine (Hua Tiao Jiu)
1) Heat oil in a wok enough to deep fry or pan fry tofu. (I prefer to pan fry).
2) Pan fry tofu until both sides are golden brown. Dish out and set aside.
3) Leave about a tablespoon of oil in the wok. Saute ginger until aromatic.
4) Add Chinese Leeks, Chinese sausages and carrot. Keep stir frying until all the ingredients are half done.
5) Add salt and soy sauce to taste. Keep stirring and if too dry, add some water.
6) Transfer the fried tofu back to the wok. Stir and mix well.
7) Drizzle some Chinese cooking wine and give it a quick stir.
8) Dish up and serve with steamed rice or plain rice porridge.
Such a palatable and aromatic dish!
Have a wonderful weekend ahead and cheers :)
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)