This is another simple steamed fish with soy sauce unlike the previous post where I steamed it with Shiitake mushroom. Simple, fast and healthy... :)
- 1 Chinese pomfret (washed and marinated with salt and pepper)
- 1 whole garlic (peeled the pips but do not crushed)
- 3 shallots (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 thumbsized ginger (washed and finely sliced)
- 1 stalk spring onion (separate the white stems and the leaves and cut)
- 1 stalk coriander leaves (washed, separate the stems and the leaves and cut)
- 1 red chili (washed, de-seeded and finely sliced)
Seasonings : (to taste - mix all except the wine)
- soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- Chinese cooking wine
1) Heat oil in a wok. Saute ginger, garlic, shallots, stems of spring onions and coriander until aromatic.
2) Dish up and place some on the steaming plate. Then, place the marinated fish on top.
3) Add the remaining fried ingredients on top of the fish.
4) Meanwhile boil water in a steaming wok or pot for steaming.
5) Pour the mixed seasonings onto the fish.
6) When the water is boiled, steam fish at high heat for about 10 minutes.
7) Add Chinese cooking wine, the remaining spring onions, coriander and red chilies.
8) Cover and steam again for another 3 to 5 minutes.
9) Serve hot.
For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin. Simply click and follow :
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)