Friday 16 August 2013

Fragrant Golden Fried Pearl White Rice (Meatless Recipe)

I have wanted to cook golden fried rice for the past few days but if I am to use brown rice for this, the outcome may not be that great.  You see, we have been consuming brown rice for more than 15 years and occasionally I would buy white rice if there's any recipe that need it or give better result if used white rice. Then, I remember I still have a packet of Sekinchan pearl white rice and decided to use it.  The rice is pearl white and I know if I would to fry it with egg yolks, the colour would be great.


This rice is very yummy if used it to cook porridge :)
Look at the rice; oblong shape and glossy white
This golden fried rice is adapted from Y3K Recipe 73 pg 24

This is a very simple, quick and yummy fried rice.  It's my first time trying out this golden fried rice and we love it.  We had it with simple stir fried bok choy and chicken soup.  A very simple but satisfying meal :)
Ingredients :
- 4 bowls of cold cooked rice
- 2 hard boiled salted duck egg yolks (I used homemade salted duck eggs)
- 4 egg yolks
- cooking oil (I used ghee oil)
Seasonings : (to taste) I omitted the seasonings as my homemade salted duck eggs is already quite salty
- pepper
- salt


Method :
1)  Mashed the salted duck egg yolks.
2)  Add egg yolks to the  cold rice.

3)  Mix well the egg yolks with the rice.
4)  Heat oil in a wok and add mixed egg yolk rice.  Stir fry and mix well until aromatic.

5)  Add mashed salted duck egg yolk.  Stir and mix well until aromatic.
6)  Add seasonings if necessary and serve.
Here's a bowl of aromatic Golden Fried Rice on me :)
Isn't this golden yellow rice look great?
You can do it too.  It's easy peasy and fuss free~


I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.

This post is also linked to Cook-Your-Books #3 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.


To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

40 comments:

  1. OMG! Your fried rice looks so so yummy and beautiful. I've never used salted eggs in my fried rice. Bet it gives more flavour to the rice. And look at your rice, all grains are separated. Not to mention the colour too. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Veronica! Give this a try. You will love it with salted egg yolks :)

      Delete
  2. Ivy, this is a new rice dish to me! The rice looks like the type used for risotto.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, very yummy. I had this at a restaurant before and had been wondering how did they manage to get this golden yellow fried rice. Had tried before but the golden colour just looked different. Then when I chanced upon this recipe, I was so delighted. Never know it's so easy to prepare!

      Delete
  3. The pearl rice has such beautiful grains! I love its beautiful and shiny look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ivy, your fried rice is so beautiful with the golden color, love it. And the rice you are using is nice. I haven try this kind of rice yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Xing Hui, you can try the Sabah Bario rice, very nice too :)

      Delete
  5. The Sekinchan pearl white rice is so tasty but it is difficult to get it here, mymum bought once when she went to Sekinchan. It is so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jozelyn, you are right. Cook porridge also very delicious :)

      Delete
  6. I love rice in any fashion. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Ivy , gotta try this recipe , it looks so yummy thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful rice, Ivy. Who knew rice could be presented in such a lovely, healthy way.

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two types of egg yolks, what a delicious recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally delicious! Good thing you made your own salted eggs too!

    Will try this soon. I love salted eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Ivy,
    My daughter would really love this! She loves salted egg yolks and anything that is cooked with it! Will be trying this out one of these days! Thanks for sharing with CYB!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ivy, is this Sekinchan rice similar to the Japanese rice? I must try n get it too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! looks good & delicious with homemade salted eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Eggs, esp salted and the yolks are my fav but because of the salt content and cholesterol, I have cut down. I used to eat salted eggs almost everyday and it didn't do good for my healthy. That said, I am full of admiration for this simple egg and rice dish. Rice, another I can't be without.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nava, I like it too but only this month I tend to have eggs more often, hahaha...

      Delete
  15. Gosh, I could almost smell it from here! I love salted egg-yolk too! Very nice dish, Ivy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been looking for this sekinchan rice in KL, but i failed to find it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May, get it directly from the rice mill in Sekinchan.

      Delete
  17. Hi Ivy,

    You are right that these rice look so pretty in its golden colour and do look like glossy golden pearl to me :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Zoe, the colour itself is so beautiful and looks like plastic too, hahaha.....

      Delete
  18. Hi Ivy, The rice grains really look pearl-like and your fried rice is really, really delicious-looking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Interesting recipe, it does look beautiful and golden.

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)