This is my very first home baked bread. It's very easy and fuss-free. Why I like this is that I just have to dump all the ingredients into a mixer and when the dough mixture is ready, just let it proof for about an hour and straight into the oven it goes!
After, 35 minutes or so, you have freshly baked bread ready for you.
It's so easy and simple and suitable for those busy housewives who want a quick simple bread for the family.
Basic No-Knead Bread
Recipe source : Bread Kitchen (with minor modifications in red)
- 450 g wholemeal or white bread flour (high protein flour)
- 385 g lukewarm water or milk (350ml = 3 tbsp milk powder + warm water)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
1) Add sugar and yeast into water or milk and leave it for 10 minutes for the yeast to activate.
2) Mix the flour and salt in a bowl.
3) Then add the activated yeast mixture into no. (2).
4) Mix well to achieve a smooth and sticky dough. I used electric mixer.
5) Lightly grease a 21cm x 11cm loaf pan and pour the dough mixture in. Spread the dough evenly. Cover and leave in a warm place for about an hour.
6) Once the dough starts to rise above the level of the loaf tin, bake at pre-heated oven at 200°C for 35 minutes depending on individual oven temperature. I baked at 190°C for 40 minutes.
7) Remove from the loaf pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Note : The loaves freeze well so you can bake several at once if you have enough loaf pans.
This simple bread is suitable for those who don't have any knowledge of bread baking ~ like me
If you are not a fussy eater, overall, this bread is great with a cup of hot coffee
Have fun baking your home baked bread with your children :)
To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING on FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)