Monday 3 November 2014

Pumpkin Waffles... is it comparable to True Belgian Waffles?? You judge ...

I still have some pumpkin left and I decided to do something different. Pumpkin Waffles, yes, that’s right. However, I chanced upon a waffle recipe from Taste of Home which have in fact captivated me instantly. I have wanted to try it immediately. It’s True Belgian Waffles, but what about my pumpkin puree??? ... Eh..., I can actually add pumpkin puree to this recipe, right? However, I have no idea how a True Belgian Waffles really taste like; without the addition of pumpkin. So, is there anyone who have tried this True Belgian Waffles without any modification? Anyway, I will do this waffles again without the pumpkin puree and will update you all on this.
Overall, I can tell you, this pumpkin waffles is really very very yummylicious and my girls and hubby giving all thumbs up for this. They prefer this pumpkin waffles to the normal waffles version which hubby used to make for us.  Hubby enjoys making pancakes and waffles for us on weekends and holidays and usually we would wake up to the sweet aroma of his bakes feeling so blessed and loved :)  Now hubby wants to bake this version instead of his usual ones, hahaha...

Recipe source : Taste of Home (with some minor modification in red)
Ingredients :
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used ½ cup)
- 3.5 teaspoons baking powder (I used 1 tsp double acting baking powder)
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1.5 cup pumpkin puree (steamed and slightly blended)
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract (I omitted)
- Sliced fresh strawberries or syrup, honey


Yield : 14 mini waffles
Directions :
1) In a bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder.
2) In another bowl, lightly beat egg yolks.
3) Add pumpkin puree, milk and butter; mix well.
4) Stir into dry ingredients just until combined.
5) Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
6) Grease preheated waffle iron with butter and bake according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
7) Serve with strawberries, maple syrup or honey.


It’s great to serve this waffles warm with maple syrup or honey
Top it with your favourite fresh fruits....

Isn’t this a very satisfying and heartwarming breakfast for your family??

Do have an enjoyable week!





I am submitting this post to "My Treasured Recipes #3 - Taste of Autumn (Oct/Nov 2014)" hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders and co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.


To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING on FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

36 comments:

  1. It's me again! When I saw these waffles in my side bar I just had to come back for a "taste." And boy am I glad I did, Ivy. They look scrumptious!!! Pumpkin or no pumpkin, I'm pinning these right now!

    Thanks for sharing, Ivy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise for taking your time to drop by. Nice to have you here. Try this waffle and you will be pinning for more! You have a wonderful day and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ivy! Just ordinary waffles alone I already love and now you add pumpkin puree, I am loving it even more! I bet these waffles are the type that will make me eat non-stop hah..hah... I think they are really good with ice-cream too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Phong Hong, me too, never get tired of waffles, even the ordinary ones. With this added pumpkin puree, it's sedaplicious!! Thanks for your sweet words and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  3. Wish I had invested in the waffle machine so that I can make these lovely pumpkin waffles. And pumpkins - my all time fav and will jump over any desserts made with it including these version of yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nava, pumpkin waffles is indeed very sedaplicious. Try to get one waffle machine and start trying out this version. You will not regret, I bet you! Warmest regards and cheers :)

      Delete
  4. Yes, these waffles look yummy. Love it with honey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheah for dropping by and yes, very hojiak! Warmest regards and cheers :)

      Delete
  5. I like the idea of pumpkin waffle...looks delicious, a great way to start the day.
    Thanks fort sharing the recipe Ivy...have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure, Juliana. Thanks for dropping by and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Ivy, your pumpkin waffles look delicious! It is no wonder that your kids like them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jasline, I am sure your kids will love this waffles too. Warmest regards and cheers :)

      Delete
  7. Wow yum yummy . Pass me a piece.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Living in Belgium, the land of waffles, it's too easy to just buy from the supermart, that's why i have not yet bought a waffle machine yet. But your waffles look very good, just like those we eat here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Miss B. Glad to hear that mine looks like those you eat in Belgium. You have a wonderful day and regards :)

      Delete
  9. Oh please Ivy, safe a portion of these wafers for me, it looks soo good.
    Using pumpkin for wafers is a brilliant idea and adds great color and flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Daniela, would love to invite you over for tea one day. Thanks for your compliments and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  10. Damn deliicous pumpkin wafflle!!!!
    even better than belgian waffle...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dentistvchef! Warmest regards and cheers :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Ivy,
    Your waffles looks delicious! I've made pumpkin waffles once, and added in ground cinnamon and nutmeg. It was fragrant and yummy. My waffle maker is collecting dust, time to put it back to use!
    Thanks for sharing, would love to have one with a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joyce, yeah, adding cinnamon is indeed a perfect match for pumpkin. You have a great day and cheers :)

      Delete
  12. Hi Ivy, you sure can make mouth watering cakes, waffles, whatever....and what I see can be easily mistaken having these at The 4 Seasons or even the Raffles, Singapore. You are good, Ivy!
    And can't help notice your Maple syrup....wayyyy to go, Ivy!
    And I can tell you, this is a lupa nama isteri dessert and a guaranteed rosak nama mak with a "may I have 2 more pieces please". After eating 3. Ha ha ha.
    Have fun, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lee, As usual, you are always very generous with your sweet sweet compliments. Well, there are still room for improvement and I am still willing to learn. No problem Lee, you can have as many you like, no limit! Thanks for taking time to drop by.
      Lee, you take care and warmest regards,
      Ivy

      Delete
  13. Listening to your background music and looking at the waffles, rasa macam masuk ke zaman silam dalam pekan koboi la Ivy! Hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... MamaFaMi, memang, boleh melayang ke zaman koboi dengar lagu sambil makan waffles ni. Thanks for dropping by and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  14. I've had pumpkin pancakes but pumpkin waffles look even better! Great post (except now I'm hungry)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Inger, wish you were here so you can have many you like! Thanks for dropping by and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  15. Another delicious recipe you got here! I love waffles forever and ever! and I'm sure this pumpkin waffles its so much healthier! Looks great anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shazzy, yes, memang, this pumpkin waffles is very sedaplicious and healthy too. Try it and you will love this. Thanks for taking your time to drop by and regards :)

      Delete
  16. Hi Ivy,
    I am always so excited when I sees waffles. I love waffles and yours looks yummlicious!
    I am craving for some now ;)
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mui Mui for your sweet compliments. Hope you have a wonderful week and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  17. These look wonderful. We had waffle sticks three times this week. I love waffles. So yummy. Sometimes I made chocolate chip waffle sticks and freeze them and then eat them frozen. Sounds bad, though. But it's really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Happy Whisk for taking your time to drop by. We do love waffles too and yeah, now I get your wonderful tips, - frozen chocolate chip waffles!!! It sounds great,dear. will definitely give this a try and I know my children will love them!! Thanks for sharing this wonderful tip, and warmest regards :)

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)