After my first attempt at making Red Bean Paste Rolls, my children have been asking me to make this red bean paste bread again. Well, I gladly obliged with some modifications.
Click here for the recipe-->Red Bean Paste Rolls
In addition, sesame seeds give a very unique sweet aromatic flavor to the bread ....... as well as the kitchen while the bread is baking in the oven!!!
Pumpkin, Sunflower and Sesame Seeds with Red Bean Paste BunsRecipe adapted from Bread Magic page 37 using Basic Sweet Dough Method
(My modification in red)Ingredients (A) :
- 330 high protein flour
- 1.5 tbsp milk powder
-1/2 tsp salt
- 60g caster sugar
Ingredient (B) :
- 1 egg (grade B)
Ingredients (C) : Mixed together
- 120ml water
- 10g instant yeast
Ingredient (D) :
- 40g butter
Ingredients for Filling : Mixed together
- 250g black date paste (I used red bean paste)
- some sesame seeds
- some sunflower seeds
-1 egg (beaten)
- some sesame seeds
- some pumpkin seeds
1) Combine ingredients A together in a mixer. Slightly blend it before adding ingredients B and C.
2) Beat approximately 5 minutes to form a dough.
3) Add butter and continue beat until the dough is smooth. To check whether the dough is fully developed, stretch a small piece with your fingers to see if it can be stretched into thin layer without tearing it. If it does not stretch, continue beating again until it passes the stretch.
4) Remove dough and leave it in a big bowl, covered with a piece of damp cloth. Leave bowl in a warm place and proof dough for about 30-40 minutes till doubled in size.
1-4) I used bread machine to knead the dough. Just put the ingredients as per your machine instructions and let it proof. After the 1st proofing, take the dough out from the machine.
5) Scale dough at 60g portions. Shape them into small balls and let them rest for 5 minutes.
6) Flatten and roll each ball of dough and place filling, seal and wrap into a ball.
Oopss.... my camera battery was running low.... but it's still better than nothing, right?
8) Once they are doubled in size, glaze with egg wash and sprinkle top with some pumpkin and sesame seeds.
9) Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 12-15 minutes depending on individual's oven. So, do adjust the temperature and timing accordingly.
10) Remove and cool on wire rack.
You can shape the bread anyway you like
Pumpkin and sunflower seeds enhanced the delicate and nutty flavor to this hearty bread
A hearty delicious bread loaded with delightfully nutty taste
Healthy and Nutritious bread for all my dear readers :)
I am linking this post with Cook-Your-Books #18 @ kitchen flavours
To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING on FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)