Last week I harvested a big bunch of scallions from my mini edible garden. I have been quite eager to try Steamed Scallion Flower Rolls when I first chanced upon it in Facebook. Then, I happened to see a post by Kit quite sometimes back. In fact, this is one of the many recipes which I have been procrastinated but this time around, without any hesitation, I went into action and finally, I am happy to say that the buns turned out very successful and delectable too!!!
- 1/2 packet yeast
- 3 cups pau flour
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 6 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cups vegetable oil ( I used sunflowers oil)
For the glaze:
- 3 tbsp chopped scallions
- 1 small carrot ( shredded) (I omitted)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
1) I used bread machine for the dough. Add ingredients as per your machine instruction to form dough and let it proof.
2) While waiting for your dough to proof in the machine, mix all the ingredients for the glaze and set aside .
3) Knead the dough again before dividing it into 12 egg sized pieces.
4) With a rolling pin, roll each pieces of dough into a long oval. Brush with glaze and make few slits.
5) Twist the dough and shape into a knot.
6) Place on square parchment paper . Cover and proof the buns again for 40 to 60 mins .
7) Steam the buns in steamer for 10 to 13 mins.
The bun is very smooth, soft and fluffy
We had this for lunch...
Best served warm
Great for breakfast too
To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING on FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)