Friday 2 August 2013

Sha Zui Fish (沙嘴鱼) with Salted Egg Yolk

Have anyone tried this Sha Zui fish with salted Egg Yolk?  In fact this is also my first time trying this and oh my God!  You couldn't believe it!  It's so delish and yummylicious!!!!  We love it so much and my girls asked me to cook again but substitute the fish with chicken meat.  Eh... good idea, isn't it?
This recipe is sourced from YumYum 50 pg 72.  So happy I can fried this fish using my Homemade Salted Duck Eggs with some minor changes.  

Ingredients : (A)
- 12 sha zui fish (marinated)
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- some oil for deep frying

Ingredients : (B)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 salted egg yolks (cooked and mashed)
- 1 stalk spring onion (I used 1 sprig curry leaves instead of spring onions)
Marinade : (to taste)
- salt
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 egg (beaten) 

Seasonings : (to taste)
- 1/4 salt
- 2 tbsp sugar

Method :
1)  Marinate fish for 15 minutes.
2)  Coat marinated fish with corn flour.
3)  Deep fry (I shallow fry) in hot oil until crispy and golden brown.  Dish up and drain.
4)  Leave 1 tbsp oil in the wok and saute garlic and mashed salted egg yolk until it bubbled.  Add curry leave and stir fry.

5)  Return the fish to the wok .  Season with salt and sugar.  Stir and mix well.
6)  Serve with steamed rice.
Add more curry leave if you love crispy curry leaves.  I regretted I didn't add enough curry leaves.
We finished everything and my girls even fought for the crispy curry leaves.  
Do enjoy and have a great weekend ahead :)

I am submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kidsmy little favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out

I'm also linking this post to September 2013 Cooking With Herbs Blog Challenge hosted by Lavender and Lovage.

To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

20 comments:

  1. Ivy, this is so delicious! I have tried a prawn version of this dish at the restaurant. Must make an effort to cook this yummy dish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, in fact it's the salted egg yolk that goes very well with curry leaves and some sugar, right? I tried few dishes with salted eggs and they are really yummy :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ivy, my aunty used to cook this for us a lot. Deep fried until very crispy. And wow with salted egg yolk must be super good. It's one of my guilty pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the usual method is to deep fry it until crispy and eat it with cili padi, syok! This one is even better :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ivy, I have not tasted this before, but looking at the ingredients, I bet it is very delicious. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doris, if you ever cook this, remember to add extra curry leaves. It's very crispy and yummy. Do let me know how you like it :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Ivy!

    I must make arrangements to come by you for dinner. You come up with the most amazing combinations to share. This dish looks incredibly good. Have I said I would LOVE to try it???

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    P.S. Love the tinkling bell:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise,
      The tinkling bell is to welcome you for dinner anytime at your convenience. Do install this wind chime at your house too cos' I am coming over with a plate of this salted egg yolk fish. Once your wind chime tinkled, please do open the door for me :)

      Just click at the wind chime to have it install at your blog, if you like it :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Ivy,
    With salted egg yolks, this dish would disappear in no time at all at my dining table! My daughter is a big fan of anything fried with salted egg yolks! Looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joyce. Supposed to link this to CYB#3 too but to bad, I posted in too early as I didn't realise it commences on 10th of each month. My apologies... :(

      Delete
  6. I am making some simple chicken porridge for lunch today, it would be great if i can pop by for some fish, looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yes, you are always welcome. I will fry extra fish for you and have some salted duck eggs on me. Let's have it together with your chicken porridge, so yummy :)

      Delete
  7. I cook a lot using salted egg yolks but have yet to try fish. This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley, this is also my first time with fish. It's very yummy. Give this try :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds amazing! Delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this fried fish. Will try out your wonderful recipe. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. good morning ivy, i eat sha cui fish very often but never try it with salted egg yolks! must try next time, thx for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)