Monday 17 November 2014

Quick and Easy Strawberry Muffins

Who doesn't like strawberries???? I am sure most of us love strawberries. We can serve strawberries in anyway we like, be it sweet or savory bakes or dishes. Strawberry jam is our favorite jam. Whenever hubby happens to see strawberries on offer, he is sure to buy some for us and also for me to make jam. In case you also like homemade strawberry jam, you can also try this very easy homemade jam.

That day, I happened to see one of the many recipes which I have bookmarked in one of my many cook books collection. It's blueberry muffins which seemed to be so easy. (In fact, this recipe has been in my KIV files for quite sometimes and it just slipped my mind until I by chanced saw it, hehehe...) But, I did not have any blueberries. Strawberries?? YES, there were some in the fridge. So, what I did was to substitute it with strawberries.

Well, I am glad I substituted it with strawberries

This Quick and Easy Strawberry Muffins is great when you have unexpected guests, and also ideal for satisfying a craving for baked treats.



Quick and Easy Strawberry Muffins
Recipe adapted from Popular Cupcakes & Muffins (Bluberrry Muffins page 102)
Ingredients :  (my modification in red)
- 250gm all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 110gm superfine sugar
- 125gm fresh strawberries (cut into small pieces)
- 160ml milk
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- cut 6 strawberries into half (make 12 pcs)
- some icing sugar 

cut fresh strawberries
Method :
1)  Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a standard muffin pan or line with paper liners.
2)  Sift flour, baking powder and sugar into a large bowl.  Stir in strawberries.  Make a well in center of dry ingredients.
3)  Combine milk, butter and egg.  Mix into dry ingredients, until just combined.
4)  Spoon mixture into prepared pan until to two-thirds full. Arrange halved strawberry on top of the batter.  Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until skewer inserted in the center of a muffin tests clean.
5)  Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cook completely.
6)  Sprinkle some icing sugar onto the muffins.
Goes well with a cup of hot tea or coffee
If you like strawberries as well as muffins, then this recipe is a keeper
Have a fabulous week ahead and happy baking!




I am linking this post with Cook-Your-Books #18 @ kitchen flavours
and
as well as
holiday-hop-button



To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING on FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

37 comments:

  1. That's a good looking muffin and full of strawberry flavour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheah for your sweet compliments. You have a wonderful day. Warmest regards and cheers :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Ivy!
    Do you see my hand waving I do I do I love Strawberries!!!! I just opened the last jar of Strawberry Jam today. That Marion has been eating it by the spoonful!!! I told her the next jar that comes out of the freezer is going to be a mixture of strawberries and peaches. I made so much freezer jam this year. It was so easy, even for me and taste like just picked!!! I'm too lazy to do real canning, lol...

    Of course your Strawberry Muffins are just yearning to be plucked! They look so darn yummy I want to jump through the screen:)

    Thank you so much for sharing, Ivy...Ah Summer Strawberries seem so far away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Louise, of course, I see you waving. Come come... help yourself and how I wished to invite you over one day for tea with lots of strawberries for you and Marion!! Do enjoy your week ahead and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ivy! Strawberries are so attractive and any bakes that feature this pretty fruit will sure attract a lot of attention. Your muffins look so good and I wish that I could grab one off the screen right now hah..hah... I must make it a point to use strawberries in my bakes too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, Hi5! yes, I agree with you that strawberries are indeed very attractive and also a perfect choice for cake decoration too! Be my guest, Phong Hong and you can have as many as you like, hahaha.. Thanks for your sweet words and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  4. Love the colour of strawberries in desserts ;) And yes, I do love strawberries too! Such a shame their season is so short where I live (and frozen strawberries are nowhere near as good as the fresh ones!). Your muffins look amazing- I'd love to be one of those unexpected guests at your house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Von for your kind words and sweet compliments. Would definitely love to welcome you, either invited or not invited, hahaha.. You have a wonderful week and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  5. I never buy berries because they are quite expensive at my place. I am staunch believer of local fruits. That said, I love the fruity flavor in the center of the cakes. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nava, yes, berries are very expensive here but hubby loves to buy as our kids love it. However, he usually buys when there are on offer. Local fruits is also our favorite . Cheers and regards :)

      Delete
  6. Strawberries are so yummy. I make lekvar (what you call jam). Such a treat and so yummy.

    Your muffins look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Happy Whisk! Yes, Strawberry jam is also very yummy. Cheers and regards :)
      P/S : Hope you are recovering by now. Take care :)

      Delete
    2. My leg is slowly healing but yes, better. Today I was able to play in the kitchen. That makes my heart sing. Thanks for the nice words.

      Delete
  7. WOW.. these strawberry muffins looks pretty and yummy! Wish I can grab one :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, thanks for taking your time to drop by and your sweet words. You have a wonderful day and regards :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Ivy,

    I love strawberries too! And I never look back making my own strawberry jam... Very nice and healthy strawberry muffins. I think one is never enough for me :D

    Btw, I have a giveaway for 4 lucky winners at http://www.bakeforhappykids.com/2014/11/bobby-flays-french-crepes-served-with.html Please join in and I hope that you can be one of the winners :D

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe for your compliments. Yes, we all love strawberries! Appreciate your invitation and have just joined in the fun. Have a great day and regards :)

      Delete
  9. Damn deliicous strawberry muffin!!!
    lovin strawberry all the way....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Strawberries are one of my favourite fruits. I'd like to eat some of these delicious muffins!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Simona, you are right. Strawberry muffin is indeed very yummy. Thanks for dropping and have a nice day :)

      Delete
  11. Hi Ivy,
    We love strawberries too. Your strawberry muffins looks inviting with strawberry popping out.
    Love it!
    Blessing to you and your family!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mui Mui, yes almost everybody loves strawberries. Thanks for your sweet compliments and blessing to you and family too.

      Delete
  12. Hi Ivy,
    We love strawberries! It has been awhile since I last make any strawberry jam.
    Your muffins looks wonderful, great for snacking anytime of the day!
    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Joyce. Yes, we all love strawberries. You have a wonderful day and regards :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Ivy, I adore your pretty, colorful and super delicious, moist muffins! We are also fortunate here in S. Florida to have strawberries at this time of the year, and I certainly want to make these amazing muffins. I know my family will certainly appreciate them; they are so tempting! Have a wonderful weekend, dear friend! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elisabeth, thanks for your sweet compliments. Yes, most of us love strawberries and who would say no to strawberries, right? You, too have a wonderful day and warmest regards . Hugs to you too :)

      Delete
  15. I love the idea of strawberry in the muffin, not only very pretty but fruity as well...
    Thanks for the inspiration Ivy...have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juliana! Really appreciate your beautiful words. It's my pleasure, Juliana and you too, have a great day and hugs :)

      Delete
  16. Hi Ivy, your strawberry muffins look good. I ate lots of fresh strawberries in northern Thailand during my trip there recently. They were very cheap, too bad I can't bring them back but I bought the dried ones. Do you think I can use them in this muffins?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy, yes, fresh strawberries are wonderful but quite pricey over here. I am sure dried strawberries is also great in muffins as well as in any baking. Too bad you couldn't bring the fresh strawberries back. Thanks for dropping by, Kimmy, and warmest regards :)

      Delete
  17. Hi Ivy, great strawberry muffins you got there. My son will definitely enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh God, soo good. will try this one for sure. Bookmarked it. Love if you check in to my space too.. It's www.seenasfoodbasket.com . Keep in touch. Regards..

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)