Monday 11 May 2015

Soft and Fluffy Healthy Wheat Bran Oat Bread

This soft and fluffy wheat bran oat loaf is another one of my new creations which my family quite enjoy it.  To those who have yet to try making your very own homemade bread, I can tell you that it's super easy especially when you use bread machine and understand your basic dough.  Once you have mastered the technique of bread making, there's no turning back!  From there, you can experiment and try something new that suits your family taste buds. What I usually do is to do some minor adjustment or variations and experimenting with flour, water and adding family's favorite ingredients.
This wheat bran oat bread is based on my previous Raisins Oat Bread and I am glad that this experiment is quite a success.  It's soft, light and fluffy, has a good amount of fiber and delicious!  
Now let me show you how easy it is to have your very own homemade bread which is healthy and enjoyed by your family.  

Healthy Wheat Bran Oat Bread
Ingredients for 2 loaves
- 290ml water
- 5tbsp wheat bran
- 5tbsp rolled oat 
- 4.5tbsp sugar
- 1.5tsp Himalayan salt
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 350gm unbleached wheat flour (all-purpose flour)
- 150gm unbleached bread flour (high protein flour)
- 5 tbsp milk powder
- 1.5tsp tsp instant yeast

- 1.5tbsp softened butter (add in when smooth dough is formed)

Method :
1)  Put all measured ingredients except butter in the bread machine pan in accordance to the above sequence or in the order recommended by the bread machine manual .

2)  Select dough if you are baking the bread in the oven.  (I used dough method function).  Otherwise, select basic white bread.  Please take note different machine has different functions.

3)  Add 1.5 tbsp softened butter when smooth dough is formed but kneading is still in the process.

4)  Remove dough from bread pan when you hear beeping sound.

5)  Put the dough on a lightly floured surface and roll out the dough with a rolling pin into an oval shape.  Then, roll from the top to the bottom. Flatten and roll again into oblong shape.  Pinch the seals at both ends and bottom.

6)  Place the shaped dough into greased and lightly floured loaf pan.  Cover with damp cloth and let it proof for another 1 hour or more for a second time proofing.

7)  Once they are doubled in size, bake in a preheated oven at 170°C - 180°C for about 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown; depending on individual's oven.  Do adjust the temperature and timing accordingly.

8)  Remove and cool on wire rack.
Isn't this wheat bran oat bread is better than the commercial wholemeal bread and all white bread ?
It has higher content of fiber than some of the standard commercial bread and best of all, it's without any preservative!!
The texture suits us perfectly; it's a bit chewy, light, soft and fluffy
The texture and flavor suits our taste buds too
This healthy bread recipe is a keeper and should you have any doubts, you can leave your message at  simply beautiful and healthy living Facebook page and I will try my best to assist you in your homemade bread making.
~Happy bread making and have a fabulous week ahead~
Click the above logo for simply beautiful and healthy living Facebook Page


To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Sorry to inform that for the time being, I have disabled comment box as I won't be able to return visit to my fellow bloggers who are kind enough to drop me a line or two. The comment box will be enabled when I am not so tied up with my work schedule. However, you may contact me by leaving message at SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. My sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)