Thursday 13 December 2012

Simple Stir Fried Purple Cabbage

I apologised for my absence of new posts as I have been quite busy lately. Before I disappeared again for year-end holidays, here is a simple homey dish for all my dear followers :)

Purple cabbage, also known as red cabbage, is relatively high in nutrients and vitamins. It is high in fiber, potassium, Vitamin A and C. As such, it is an ideal choice for dieters. It is also common in salads, coleslaw, braised dishes and pickled treats.

Raw purple cabbage is often tossed into salads and when cooked, adding lemon juice preserves its purple color.
Ingredients : (no exact measurement, according to taste)
- Half medium-sized purple cabbage (washed and cut)
- 1 1/2 tbsp of dried shrimps (washed and chopped)
- garlic (washed and crushed)
- salt
- cooking oil
- water

Method :
1) Heat oil in a wok and lightly fry garlic and dried shrimps until fragrant.
2) Add cabbage and stir. If too dry, add some water.
3) Cover and let it simmer until cabbage is soft.

4) Add salt to taste and dish out. 


For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :


2 comments:

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)