Are you having the same breakfast beverages such as Milo, milk, coffee, tea, etc over and over again? Instead, why not prepare a healthy breakfast porridge for your family? It's Wheat Porridge and it's simple and yummy. In order to have a very sweet aroma of wheat porridge, you need to add lots of pandan leaves (screwpine leaves). Adding pandan leaves into your wheat porridge is a MUST. Without it, it's like eating nasi lemak without the sambal!
Ingredients : (depending on individual's preferences and to taste)
- 1 cup wheat (washed and soaked overnight)
- 100ml santan/coconut milk (I used ready packed)
- 2.5 litres water
- 1 bunch of pandan leaves (washed, slit the leaves in the centre and knotted)
- sugar (to taste)
- a dash of salt (to taste)
1) Fill water in a pot and add drained wheat.
2) Boil over high heat for 20 minutes.
3) Then, lower the heat, add pandan leaves and slow boil for another 1 hour or until the wheat is cooked and expanded.
3) Should you need to add extra water in between, be advised to add only hot boiling water.
4) Add sugar and simmer for a while.
5) Lastly, add santan and keep stirring. Season with a dash of salt.
6) Serve hot.
Hope you enjoy this simple breakfast :)
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)