Friday 13 September 2013

Sweet Fragrant Wheat and Corn Porridge

I used to cook  Sweet Fragrant Wheat (Gandum) Porridge for the past 1 month as I would try to use up all the grains or beans that I have bought.  I don't like to keep the balance of it for too long as I tend to forget about it and at the end it would be ended up in the garbage bin!  Out of sight, out of mind!  That's me... but don't get me wrong.  I am not referring to friends but only to those ingredients that were being stored away from my sight.  Don't worry, you all are always on my mind. 
This time, I added corn kernels to it as I noticed that I still had 1 ear of miserable corn sitting in the fridge.  Give this a try and you will love it :)

Ingredients :
- 3/4 cup of wheat/gandum (washed)
- 1 ear of corn  (washed, and cut the kernels into a bowl)
- a bunch of pandan leaves/screwpine leaves
- 100ml of coconut milk/coconut milk
- sugar (to taste)
- a dash of salt (to taste)
- 2.5 litres of water
Method :
1) Fill water in a pot and add drained wheat and corn kernels.  Boil over high heat for 20 minutes. 

2) Then, lower the heat, add pandan leaves and slow boil for another 1 hour or until the wheat and corn kernels are cooked and expanded.
3) Should you need to add extra water in between, be advised to add only hot boiling water.
4) Add sugar and let it simmer for a while.
5) Lastly, add santan and keep stirring. Season with a dash of salt.

6)  Serve hot.
Serve this yummylicious dessert as your breakfast or tea time.


I am submitting this Post to Little Thumbs Up September - Pandan hosted by Joceline @ Butter, Flour & Me, organized by Z OE @ Bake For Happy Kids and Little Mui Mui @ My Favourites DIY .


To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ivy,
    I have eaten this tong shui with corn, many years ago, in a restaurant. And have not eaten it since then, in fact, have totally forgotten about it until now! Thanks for the reminder, one day I'll make this for my kids.
    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Joyce. This is very delicious and and your kids will love it. Do enjoy your Sunday :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ivy, I know what u mean abt the ingredients being out of sight. I sometimes forget that I've bought something and then the next time I look, it has gone out of date and into the bin. Your wheat porridge looks deliciously warming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a brilliant ideal putting corn into porridge. My daughter and I love to eat corn. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give this a try, Amy, and your girl will love it :)

      Delete
  5. Shouldn't be bad, I'll try it tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cohen for visiting my humble blog. Have a great day!

      Delete
  6. Hai Ivy, thanks soo much for dropping by my space. So glad to meet you, and even glad that its Amelia who recommended me to you. I am one of her biggest fans !!! Loved this poridge, you made it really interesting with the addition of corn ! Keep in touch..hope you drop by my "pick quicks" blog too when you get the time. Its non-foodie..but general stuff, which cud be of interest to you as well :)..have a great weekend...rgds...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sona, thanks so much for dropping by my humble blog too. I am glad to meet you here. Do keep in touch and take care :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Sona & Ivy..... Hi 5! Sona, nice to see you drop by our beautiful Ivy's blog. Let's see we might tear down Ivy's kitchen.LOL

      Delete
    3. hahaha.... by all means, tear it down, if you can, lols :)

      Delete
  7. WOW, Ivy! That sure looks yummy! The brisk weather is slowly arriving. Time to get the stock pot out! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise, yes, have it hot esp during cold weather. Take care and regards :)

      Delete
  8. halamak! akak baru berangan nak buat bubur jagung ni, tapi nak campur ngan kacang merah and pisang nipah! LOL..
    agak2 sedap tak ek? sekarang ni kepala akak asyik nak memandai2 jer bila masak...keh3

    eh, you pun sama macam akak lah! tak suka simpan balance lama2 sebab selalu lupa, sedar2 dah keluar cendawan (ni makanan dlm tin la)...tapi cendawan tu tak boleh buat sup punya! hahaha...membazir jer kan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyoyo, my dear beautiful Super Chef! Hi5! campurlah apa yang ada dalam tangan. Mana tau sedap juga? Betul tak?

      Delete
  9. Hi Ivy, sorry I'm late... guess boh liaw... semua chiak liaw liaw? LOL The combination look great... so yummylicious. Simply campur also very delicious.

    Have a nice day... see you in FB later if you never go "weck" with your kakis. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amelia, chial liaw liaw, still no problem. Can cook for you also but have to see what is still left in the fridge so I can cook from scratch for you! going out soon, bye!

      Delete
  10. Hi Ivy,

    This is a nice and healthy dessert. I reckon that your family is very spoiled with all your delicious cooking...

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Zoe, what a compliment! In fact I'm not a good cook, just dump in whatever is available. Anyway, thanks for your sweet compliments and motivation :) Have a nice day!

      Delete
  11. I love wheat porridge with corn... looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ivy, this is all times favorite dessert, Yum! Yum! Best!

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)