Wednesday 3 April 2013

Chinese Violet (Telosma cordata 夜来香) Omelette (Meatless Recipe)


Chinese Violet, Yea Lai Xiang (夜来香) or Telosma Cordata is grown in many parts of tropical Asia not just for its alluring fragrance but also for culinary purposes as well!  Please click http://gardenlab.wordpress.com/2009/03/30/telosma-cordata-%E5%A4%9C%E6%9D%A5%E9%A6%99/ for more info on this Chinese Violet.
I first came to know about this edible flowers when a good friend of mine bought it for me from Ipoh.  She asked me to cook it with egg soup.  Since then, I am hooked to this flowers and I have cooked it in different ways.  I am trying to grow this fantastic plant on my own as I can't find the flowers in KL. 

For a start, here's a Chinese Violet fried with eggs.  There are more varieties of dishes using Chinese Violets in store for you!

Ingredients :
  - half bowl of fresh Chinese Violet (take the flowers only, washed)
- 6 eggs (beaten with salt)
- 1 big onion (finely sliced)
- salt (to taste)
- soy sauce(to taste)
- oil
Method :
1)  Heat oil in a wok.  
2)  Stir fry onions until aromatic.  
3)  Then, add the beaten egg to make an omelette.  Fry both sides of the omelette until fragrant.
4)  Add the fresh Chinese Violets.  Stir and mix well with the omelette.
5)  Turn off the heat and drizzle the soy sauce and give it a quick stir.
6)  Dish up and serve.
This is a very delicious and healthy dish.  Try this if you can get hold of the flowers :)


For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :





Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

1 comment:

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)