Burdock Root contains a number of medicinal properties that have been used for hundreds of years. Traditionally herbalists all over the world use Burdock Root as a blood purifier. It is the root of the Burdock plant that is harvested for medicinal use.
A recent study showed that Burdock blocked dangerous chemicals from causing damage to cells, suggesting to the possibility that burdock may help decrease the risk of developing cancer from toxic chemicals.
Pls click Herbal Legacy for more info on Burdock.
Burdock Root can be prepared in anyway you like. If you like it with chicken soup, then this is one simple and nutritious soup you can give it a try.
- 1 free range chicken (washed, cut and blanched)
- half stick of burdock root (washed and brushed, cut)
- 2 honey dates (washed)
- some red dates (washed)
- some Chinese wolfberries or kei qi (washed)
- 4 dried longan (washed)
1) In a pot, boil enough water for the soup.
2) When the water starts to boil, put all the ingredients in.
3) Boil at high heat for 15 minutes and then reduce the heat to low.
4) Continue to simmer for about 2 hours.
5) Season with sea salt. Serve hot.
For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin. Simply click and follow :
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)