I happened to buy a bunch of Rosemary from Tesco and my intention was to stew chicken with Rosemary and trying my luck to grow this herb from the stems itself. However, after going through my freezer, I realised I still have 4 slices of salmon! So, I decided to cook salmon with Rosemary as I don't want to keep the fish in the freezer for too long. Since I didn't have any lemon on that day, I just made do with whatever I have; ORANGES! Wow, it's delicious......
Benefits of RosemaryRosemary is used in many culinary dishes and is commonly used to flavor soups, sauces and meats. In addition to being used in cooking, it has also been used as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments over the centuries.
Benefits of rosemary includes cancer prevention, improved memory, mood elevator, remedy for migraine, pain relief, anti-inflammatory, immune booster, antibacterial, digestive health, hair growth, fresh breath, diuretic properties, respiratory health, liver detoxification, anti-aging, etc.
Pregnant women should avoid consuming large amounts of rosemary because it may lead to uterine contractions and miscarriage. People with high blood pressure should not take rosemary because it may raise blood pressure.
(For more info on Rosemary, please go to Health Diaries)
(The ingredients in this pic is for photo shooting purposes only. I used 3 oranges instead of 1)
- 2 slices of of salmon (washed and marinated)
- 3 Sunkist oranges (use the juice and the pulp only)
- 1 tbsp butter
Seasonings for Marinate : (to taste)
- garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 sprigs of Rosemary (finely chopped)
1) Marinate the salmon fillets with seasonings and set aside for about 20 minutes.
2) Heat butter in a pan. I used Happy Call Pan.
3) Place marinated salmon fillets into the pan. Close the lid and slow grilled over medium lot heat.
4) Grill until both sides are slightly brown.
5) Pour half of the orange juice onto the salmon fillets. Let it pan fry for a while. Do the same on both sides.
6) Pan fry until the juice almost crystallised.
7) Serve hot.
Hope you like this simple and healthy salmon.
Note : If the orange is too sour, you can adjust according to your taste by adding some sugar. As for me, I like it sour, so no sugar is needed. The amount of orange juice is used depends on individual's preferences.
Here are other salmon recipes, you may like :