Thursday 6 June 2013

Easy Kapitan Chicken Curry

This is a very easy curry dish using instant paste.  To me, the curry paste is not too spicy and suitable for kids who are learning to take spicy food.  As I like my curry to be spicier, so this time I added some homemade chili paste to it and the spiciness is just right for my children too.  If you don't have time to pound all the spices yourself,  then try using instant curry paste.  This time, I used Seri Murni.  You can use any of your preferred brand.

Ingredients :
- 1/2 free range chicken (washed and cut into bite sized)
- 1 packet of instant Kapitan Curry Paste (any brand)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (washed and cut into your preferred length)
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used Ayam brand coconut milk)
- 3 tbsp Homemade Chili Paste (optional)

Seasonings : (to taste)
- salt

Method :
 1)  Heat up some cooking oil in a wok or pan.  Add kapitan curry paste, lemongrass and chili paste.  Stir fry over medium heat until aromatic.
2)  Then add chicken and continue stirring for about 10 minutes.
3)  Add water.  Stir and mix well.
4)  Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked over low heat.
5)  Lastly, add coconut milk, stir and mix well.
5)  Add salt to taste.  Serve hot with steamed rice or bread.

I am submitting this dish to the Little Thumbs Up event hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders,(http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2013/06/little-thumbs-up-its-curry-time.html) organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite D.I.Y

I am also submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest, Penang Month hosted by Alan of Travelling Foodies


Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

11 comments:

  1. Hi Ivy,
    This dish looks delicious! Kari Kapitan is one of my favourite, have not cooked this in ages!
    Thank you for stopping by and for following! Yes, it would be great if you could join us in Bake-Along, you can get more info about Bake-Along from my blog.
    Nice to know that you are taking part in Little Thumbs Up!
    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitchen Flavour. When coming to baking, aiyoh.... shy to tell you. I really don't know how to bake. Maybe one day I will start with a simple one. Nice knowing you too and do enjoy your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Ivy, apa khabar? hope you sehat ya..

    tengok gambar pun dah telan air liur, ni gerenti sedap! akak suka kalau makan ayam yang banyak rempah or cili, baru ada kick!, kan?

    happy cooking and baking dear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul, my dear Queenie! Ada oomphhh kalau banyak2 rempah dan cili. Bayangkan dulu I memang tak boleh makan pedas. Tapi, apabila dah kahwin, laki I suka pedas. So, terpaksalah I belajar makan pedas dan sekarang,amboi... I lebih pandai dpd suami I, hahaha... Have a nice weekend Queenie :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Ivy,
    I have heard of Kari Kapitan but never tried it before. Is it a Eurasian or Peranakan dish? Yours look easy and yet delicious! And thanks for joining our Little Thumbs Up curry event! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss B,
      As far as I know, Curry Kapitan is an adaptation of the Indian chicken curry. Kapitan is the name given to appointed Chinese chiefs during the times of the Straits Settlement.

      Delete
  4. good morning ivy, i love kari kapitan too, infact love all sorts of curry. The gravy is very fragrant especially coming from the coconut milk. Nvr tried this kapitan curry paste before but tried the A1 fish curry paste, also not bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Morning Lena! Yes, this instant paste is for those who are lazy and buzy like me, hahaha... I love curry too and usually will use instant paste, easy and hassle free :)

      Delete
  5. Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide
    credit and sources back to your weblog? My website is in the very same area of interest as yours
    and my visitors would certainly benefit from some of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this alright with you. Regards!


    Also visit my web blog ... christina Baxley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Christina. Just credit and link it to my page or blog. Thank you.

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)