This is a very easy curry dish using instant paste. To me, the curry paste is not too spicy and suitable for kids who are learning to take spicy food. As I like my curry to be spicier, so this time I added some homemade chili paste to it and the spiciness is just right for my children too. If you don't have time to pound all the spices yourself, then try using instant curry paste. This time, I used Seri Murni. You can use any of your preferred brand.
- 1/2 free range chicken (washed and cut into bite sized)
- 1 packet of instant Kapitan Curry Paste (any brand)
- 2 stalks lemongrass (washed and cut into your preferred length)
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used Ayam brand coconut milk)
- 3 tbsp Homemade Chili Paste (optional)
Seasonings : (to taste)
1) Heat up some cooking oil in a wok or pan. Add kapitan curry paste, lemongrass and chili paste. Stir fry over medium heat until aromatic.
2) Then add chicken and continue stirring for about 10 minutes.
3) Add water. Stir and mix well.
4) Simmer for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked over low heat.
5) Lastly, add coconut milk, stir and mix well.
5) Add salt to taste. Serve hot with steamed rice or bread.
I am submitting this dish to the Little Thumbs Up event hosted by Miss B of Everybody Eats Well in Flanders,(http://everybodyeatswell.blogspot.be/2013/06/little-thumbs-up-its-curry-time.html) organized by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of my little favourite D.I.Y.
Follow this blog with bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)