First of all, my sincere apologies for my long silence and absence as I have been extremely busy since late last year. To keep it simple and to start off my 1st recipe post in 2013, here is a very simple and yet nutritious dish for you and your family. Hope you like it.. :)
My girls like baked beans very much. Sometimes I would just cook it with scrambled eggs and we would have it with rice or bread for breakfast. For this recipe, I have added chinese leeks to the scrambled eggs and potatoes too. Do give this a try and let me know whether you and your loved ones like it or not.
- 1 can of baked beans (I prefer TST brand)
- 1 stalk of chinese leeks (washed and sliced)
- 2 potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 6 eggs (mixed with a pinch of salt)
- Salt and soy sauce (to taste)
- Cooking oil
1) Heat a wok with some oil and fry cubed potatoes till soft. Dish out and put aside.
2) In the same wok, heat some oil. Give the chinese leeks a quick stir and add in the beaten eggs. Fry until the eggs have set.
3) Then, add the cooked potatoes and baked beans to the scrambled eggs. Mix well.
5) Add salt and soy sauce to taste.
6) Dish out and serve with rice or bread.
Hope you like this simple dish. It is excellent for breakfast!