Thursday 10 January 2013

Why I said YES


A woodcutter, while cutting trees dropped his axe into the river. But God was gracious and went into the water and reappeared with a silver axe. The Lord asked: Is this your axe?" "No," the woodcutter replied. The Lord again went down and came up with a golden axe. "Is this your axe?" Again, the woodcutter replied: "No." The Lord went down again and came up with an iron axe. "Is this your axe?" The woodcutter replied: "Yes." The Lord was pleased with the man's honesty and gave him all three axes to keep. The woodcutter went home happily. One week later, while helping him chop wood, his wife fell into the river. The Lord was gracious and went down into the water and came up with Christy Chung. "Is this your wife?" the Lord asked. "Yes!" cried the woodcutter. The Lord was angry: "I'm disappointed with you. Your told a lie!" "God, let me explain," the woodcutter pleaded. "You see, if I said 'no' to Christy Chung, you would come up with someone like Jennifer Lopez. Then if I also said 'no' to her, you would come up with my wife, and I would say 'yes', and then all three would be given to me. But Lord, I am a poor man and I will not be able to take care of all three wives. So that's why I said yes this time."


For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :


No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)