Zucchini not only offers delightful taste and texture to many dishes, but is packed with beneficial nutrients including Vitamins C and A, potassium, folate and fiber. It is said to decrease the risk of stroke, reducing high blood pressure and lowering cholesterol. One cup of zucchini has 36 calories and 10% of the RDA of dietary ﬁber, which aids in digestion, prevents constipation, maintains low blood sugar and curbs overeating.
So, don't you think that you should include Zucchini in your diet? Here's a simple stir-fry Zucchini dish and hope you like it. :)
However, before you start, do take note that in order to get rid of its bitterness, you should cut both ends off. Then, take the ends and rub them on the surface you cut them from with some salt. By rubbing both cut ends, it will get rid of the bitterness. Lastly, throw the ends and wash the white foam from the rubbings and you are ready to slice the Zucchini anyway you like.
- 2 Zucchini (both ends cut and rubbed with salt. Washed and sliced)
- 6 fresh button mushrooms (washed and cut)
- 2 tomatoes (washed and cut)
- 5 flavoured fish balls (washed and cut)
- Garlic (peeled and minced)
- Salt and soy sauce (to taste)
- 1 tsp of Chinese cooking wine (Shao Hsing Wine)
1) Heat some oil in a wok. Saute garlic until fragrant.
2) Add all ingredients into the wok and stir fry until cooked.
3) Season with salt and soy sauce. Lastly, drizzle the cooking wine and give it a quick stir.
4) Dish out and serve immediately with steamed rice.