Saturday 19 January 2013

Bee Hoon (Rice vermicelli) Chicken Soup

It was raining in the morning and I was thinking of a hot soup dish to prepare for the family. Lazy to go to the market and I just cooked whatever I could find in my fridge. Fortunately, this Bee Hoon Chicken Soup still turned out quite delicious as I just dumped whatever I could find in my fridge.

Ingredients :



- 1/2 chicken (cleaned and chopped into big chunks)

- 5 dried shitake mushrooms (washed, soaked until soft and cut)
- 1 small Chinese long cabbage (washed and cut)
- 4 pieces of fried beancurd sheets (washed and cut)
- 8 pieces of tofu puff (washed and cut)
- 1 thumbsized ginger (washed and smashed)
- water (enough to boil the chicken soup)
- salt (to taste)
- 1 packet of rice vermicelli (washed, blanched and drained)


Method :


1) Boil the water with mushroom and ginger in a medium-sized pot.

2) Put the chicken in when the water is boiled. Let the soup boiled for another 10 minutes, then simmer for about 40 minutes.

3) Next, add tofu puff, bean curd sheet and long cabbage. Boil for about 3 to 5 minutes or until the cabbage is cooked. Add salt to taste.

4) Divide blanched rice vermicelli to serving bowls and ladle the soup over it. 
5) Garnish with fried onion garlic oil and chopped spring onions. Serve with sliced chilli padi with light soy sauce. (Too bad, I don't have these 2 items on that day. Otherwise, the dish would be so much better. You can add it if you like as I just made do with whatever I have).


For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :


Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits! Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)