Thursday 28 February 2013

Braised Pork Belly with Taucu (Bean Paste)


This dish is my family's favourite, especially my eldest daughter!  I like to cook this dish too as it is very easy.  Just mix everything together and braise it!  No strict rules or procedures.  Cook it whichever way you like it. It's that simple... :)

Ingredients
- 300gm pork belly (washed and sliced)
- 1 /12 tbsp taucu
- 1/2 tbsp five spice powder
- 2 whole garlic (washed but do not peel)
- 3 big thumbsized ginger (cleaned and smashed)
- 1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sweet caramel sauce 
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- salt (to taste)
- water

Method :
1)  Place cut pork belly into a wok or pan together with all the spices and seasonings.
2)  Marinate for about 1/2 hour or more.
3)  Cook on high heat until you can see oil (fats from the pork) in the wok or pan.
4)  Add enough water and cover. Boil at high heat.
5)  Then lower the heat and simmer until the pork is  soft.
6)  Serve with rice.
 Yummylicious........
The gravy is great to go with rice or plain steam buns!!

For more and latest updates, pls follow my blog with bloglovin.  Simply click and follow :



Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

4 comments:

  1. Since I don't eat pork, I can try this with chicken ;) Yumm Yumm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes, I used chicken to cook this too.

      Delete
  2. Ivy, my mum cook this too. She usually add some green chilis. I always end up with two bowls of rice with this dish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Quay Po! I will definitely add green chilis when I cook this again. I am sure my hubby will love this as he likes everything spicy. Thanks for the idea! :)

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)