Thursday 11 July 2013

Refreshing Aloe Vera Barley Drink

This is another simple healthy drink which I used to prepare.  Previously, I had posted a  healthy aloe vera  recipe and my children like it very much.  However, this time it's just a simple and easy but healthy drink suitable for all.

Ingredients :
- 1 cup of cubed aloe vera gel 
- 50g barley (washed)
- honeycomb sugar (to taste)
- some pandan leaves (washed)
- enough water

Method :
1)  Add barley into a medium sized pot filled with water. 
2)  Boil for about 15 minutes. Then lower the heat and let it simmer until barley is soft.
3)  Add honeycomb sugar and pandan leaves.  Continue to simmer for another 10 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
4)  Add aloe gel and stir.  Turn off heat.
5)  Serve hot or chilled it before serving.
It's very refreshing especially when served chilled.  Do enjoy :)

 To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks! Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

22 comments:

  1. whuaaaaa!!! salah masuk sini pagi2!!!
    buka puasa lambat lagi!!!

    ivy, akak tak pernah berani nak try korek lidah buaya tu, tapi now nak try, takut ada rasa gatal2 ker...tapi pokok tu kecik2 lagi, tunggu dia gemuk2 sikit hehe...

    thank you for sharing this dear...ni memang sesuai utk bulan puasa yg panas...akak rasa macam you so understanding to us hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kak Queenie, lidah buaya ini memang sesuai untuk buka puasa. Oh ya, tangan I pun gatal2 apabila potong lidah buaya tu. Apa nak buat? Nak makan, terpaksalah tahan gatal... hehehe.. jgn salah faham tau?????

      Delete
  2. I love this kind of drinks a lot. So are my kids. Healthy & cooling.
    Hope you're having a lovely day.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristy. Yes, very refreshing and cooling. Do enjoy your weekend with your family :)

      Delete
  3. I became accustomed to drinking Aloe Vera a few years ago when I was sick with Lyme disease. it was a huge help, Ivy.

    I'll be saving this recipe to try especially when it decides to act like Piña Colada weather around here, lol...

    Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks refreshing! Have not eaten aloe vera jel for ages! Wish I could have some now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very refreshing. Sometimes I double-boiled it as a healthy dessert too :)

      Delete
  5. this is very refreshing in this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had heard of aloe vera for skin care before but never for drinking. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wilkerson, do give this a try if you have fresh aloe gel. It's very refreshing and healthy too :)

      Delete
  7. I have never tasted this and now wonder whether those aloe vera I planted is fit for making this drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edith,I was told that only aloe vera which is more than 3 years old is only fit to be consumed. So, to play safe, make sure it is 3 years old and above.

      Delete
  8. Ivy, I have got aloe vera plant in my garden but somehow I feel geli to eat it. Silly, right? I have tried the bottled aloe vera drink and it tastes very good. I know that your aloe vera barley drink is even better - homemade and natural.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phong Hong, why so geli??? hahahaha.... Last time I took the bottled aloe vera and it's very expensive. I rather prepare it myself. Try to double-boil it with fruits. Just made it the other day but not yet blog. Stay tuned, hehehe.....

      Delete
  9. hi ivy, did you plant the aloe vera yourself? i take aloe vera drink quite often..at a tong sui shop here..nice and cooling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, this batch of aloe vera was given to me by my neighbour. I have my homegrown aloe vera too. I still have some aloe vera dessert waiting to be blogged soon. Stay tuned...... :)

      Delete
  10. I must be delicious..But my favourite is chinese tea.it is so good .you can try...

    Oolong Tea

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)