I bought some eggplants the other day but still wondering how to prepare it in a different way. I used to either pan-fried or stir-fried (click at the links for the full recipes) it.
I remember seeing eggplant rice in one of my collection of YumYum recipe books. So, this recipe is from YumYum (41) page 73. It's a very simple and homey dish. We had it with Chinese Mustard Chicken Soup and a simple stir-fried baby bok choy.
Recipe source : YumYum 41, pg 73, with some minor modification
1.5 cups of rice (I used brown rice)- 2 medium-sized eggplants (washed and cut)
- 1 bowl pork belly (sliced)
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps (washed and finely chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
some oil (I used ghee)
Seasonings : (to taste)
- light soy sauce
- sweet caramel sauce (kicap manis)
1) Cook rice in a rice cooker.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in a wok. Saute garlic until fragrant.
3) Then, add dried shrimps and stir fry until aromatic.
4) Add in pork, eggplant and seasonings.
5) Stir fry until well mixed. Dish up and set aside.
6) When the rice is almost cooked (before the beep sound), transfer the fried ingredients into rice.
7) Close the lid and let it keep warm for about 1/2 hour.
8) Stir and mix well.
9) Close and continue to keep warm until it's ready to serve.
My hubby likes it with some chopped chilies + Chinese coriander + soy sauce
Do enjoy :)
I am also submitting this to Back 2 School Event by Kachuss Delights