This recipe is more towards a post about Pork Ribs with Chinese Mustard (Cai Choy) Soup which I had blogged earlier. Besides that, Chinese Mustard is also very suitable for stir fry especially if you stir fried it with tofu. It's very yummy too. Chinese Mustard soup is very refreshing and if you like ginger, just add extra ginger and I'm sure you would love this soup.
- 1/2 chicken (cut and blanched)
- 2 bunches of Chinese Mustard (cut)
- 2 carrots (cut into chunks)
- 4 thumbsized ginger (skin intact, halved and crushed)
- water enough for soup
Seasoning : (to taste)
1) Boil enough water for the soup. Add Chinese mustard, carrots and ginger into it.
2) Once boiled, add chicken. Let it boiled at high heat for about 15 minutes.
3) Lower the heat and let it simmer for about 2 hours.
4) Season with salt.
5) Serve hot.
Very refreshing soup especially during the current hot weather.
Do give this a try :)