Friday 10 August 2012

Sweet Potato Barley Dessert

    This morning, I decided to cook  Sweet Potato Barley Dessert for breakfast  as I still have some sweet potatoes.

    Whenever I cook dessert, I prefer to use honeycomb sugar instead of granulated sugar. Besides, there is no exact measurement to the ingredients as you can adjust it according to your taste.

    Ingredients :
    1 cup of barley
    Sweet potatoes - cubed

    Honeycomb sugar and pandan leaves

    Method :
    1)  Fill medium sized pot with water.  Put 
         barley and sweet potatoes into the  pot.  
    2)  Let it boil and simmer for about 1 hour      or until barley is soft.
    3)  Add honeycomb sugar and pandan leaves.

    4)  Serve hot.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)