Wednesday 28 August 2013

Stir Fried Da Bai Chai (Bak Choy) with Dried Shrimps and Egg

This is a very simple dish which I adapted it from Flavours from My Kampung and was surprised to see that this dish is in fact from Gunung Rapat, Ipoh, Perak. Well, since I have some bok choy in my fridge, so I decided to try this recipe with minor adjustment.

Recipe adapted from Flavours from My Kampung, page 72
Ingredients :-
- 4 stalks of da bai chai (washed and cut)
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps (washed and coarsely chopped)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic
- 1 red chili (I omitted as I didn't have available red chili on that day)
- oil
Seasonings : (to taste)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1/4 sugar (I omitted this)
- salt

Method :
1) Heat oil in a wok and saute garlic and dried shrimps until aromatic.
2) Add beaten egg and scramble until set.
3) Add da bai chai and stir fry over high heat. Add seasonings.
4) Dish up and serve.


You may substitute da bai chai with choy sum/sawi


I am submitting this post to Malaysian Food Fest Perak month hosted by WendyinKK of Table for Two….or more

I am also submitting this to the Little Thumbs Up "Egg" event organized by Bake for Happy Kids, my little favourite DIY and hosted by Baby Sumo of Eat Your Heart Out.


and this post is also linked to Cook-Your-Books #3 hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.
 

To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!
http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/6015563 Follow this blog with bloglovin Follow on Bloglovin Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving me comments.. I really appreciate all your visits and comments! Have a nice day :)

21 comments:

  1. Hi Ivy,
    Interesting dish, eggs with bak choy!
    Delicious with rice!
    Thank you for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely will try this dish out, after all sometimes trying to figure out a side dish for rice can be mind boggling. Since its all about veg and dried shrimps, for sure a beautiful pairing with rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just discovered your blog. Great recipes and beautiful shots.
    Good idea to name the substitutes for ingredients that might be difficult to get in other places!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my humble blog.
      Cheers :)

      Delete
  4. Ivy, this is simple and yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ivy,

    This is a lovely classic home-cooked dish. Very nice!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm just as surprised as you are to know this is a dish from gunung rapat!..maybe it's a popular dish in one of the restaurants there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to cook the Chinese cabbage this way.. really yummy! Thx for linking this to LTU!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ivy, this dish look really good. Very appetizing, I can eat the whole plate.. hehehe
    Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amelia. Do have a great weekend :)

      Delete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)