Have anyone tried this Sha Zui fish with salted Egg Yolk? In fact this is also my first time trying this and oh my God! You couldn't believe it! It's so delish and yummylicious!!!! We love it so much and my girls asked me to cook again but substitute the fish with chicken meat. Eh... good idea, isn't it?
This recipe is sourced from YumYum 50 pg 72. So happy I can fried this fish using my Homemade Salted Duck Eggs with some minor changes.
Ingredients : (A)
- 12 sha zui fish (marinated)
- 1/2 cup corn flour
- some oil for deep frying
Ingredients : (B)
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 3 salted egg yolks (cooked and mashed)
- 1 stalk spring onion (I used 1 sprig curry leaves instead of spring onions)
Marinade : (to taste)
- 1 tbsp shaoxing wine
- 1 egg (beaten)
Seasonings : (to taste)
- 1/4 salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
1) Marinate fish for 15 minutes.
2) Coat marinated fish with corn flour.
3) Deep fry (I shallow fry) in hot oil until crispy and golden brown. Dish up and drain.
4) Leave 1 tbsp oil in the wok and saute garlic and mashed salted egg yolk until it bubbled. Add curry leave and stir fry.
5) Return the fish to the wok . Season with salt and sugar. Stir and mix well.
6) Serve with steamed rice.
Add more curry leave if you love crispy curry leaves. I regretted I didn't add enough curry leaves.
We finished everything and my girls even fought for the crispy curry leaves.
Do enjoy and have a great weekend ahead :)
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!