Wednesday 3 October 2012

Watercress Soup


Watercress soup is believed to be very effective in lungs cleansing.  Besides, it has cooling properties and is suitable for heaty body. 


I used to cook watercress soup using meat or just a sweet version; vegetarian soup. 

Ingredients :-
 
- 1 kg of watercress, use stems and leaves - washed
- a handful of  dried red dates
- 4 kurma (hahaha... I supposed to use honey dates but didn't realise that I have run out of stock.  So, I used kurma instead as it was available then).
- Ginger (washed and crushed)
- 3 litres of water

Method:-

1)  Put all ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low and simmer the soup for about 2 to 4 hours. (I simmered for 2 hours only).

2) Serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)