Previously, I had posted a dish on Snake Gourd (Pudalankai) Stir Fried with Salted Egg and the benefits of snake gourd. As such, I am not going to brag on its benefits here as I don't want you to get bored with my grandma's stories. Just click at the link on Snake Gourd (Pudalankai) Stir Fried with Salted Egg if you want to know more about the goodness of eating snake gourd.
This dish is slightly different as I added curry leaves and turmeric powder to the dish. Besides that, I used the leftover salted egg white from my previous Sha Zui Fish with Salted Egg Yolk. Frankly speaking, it's so much better than the previous Snake Gourd (Pudalankai) Stir Fried with Salted Egg and my girls love it very much :)
- 1 snake gourd (halved and use a spoon to scoop out the seed, sliced)
- 3 eggs (beaten with a dash of salt)
- 1 mashed hard boiled salted white eggs (you can used whole salted egg. I only used the whites as it was the leftover from previous dish)
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps (washed and finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 sprigs of curry leaves
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- a dash of Chinese cooking wine (optional)
- soy sauce (to taste)
- Ghee oil for frying
1) Heat some ghee oil in a pan and saute garlic and dried shrimps until fragrant.
2) Add sliced snake gourd and stir fry for a few seconds.
3) Push aside the snake gourd and pour in beaten egg. When the egg is about to set, scramble it and mix it with the snake gourd and stir fry.
4) Add turmeric powder and stir well.
5) Then add mashed salted egg white and curry leaves. Continue to stir fry until aromatic.
6) Turn off the heat and add a dash of soy sauce and Chinese cooking wine to taste.
7) Stir and mix well. Dish up and serve.
This is a very healthy and yummy dish.
It would be more flavourful if you add some red chilies or bird eye's chilies. I had ran out of chilies and just made do with whatever is available.
Hope you like it. Do enjoy :)
To receive new updates, do LIKE me on FACEBOOK. Thanks!