Thursday 13 September 2012

A1 Chicken Curry

Yesterday, I had a sudden craving for curry and yet I didn't want to fuss around with all the poundings of curry paste .  Fortunately, I still had a packet of A1 Instant Chicken Curry Sauce in my pantry but no coconut milk.  So, I whipped up my no-fuss style curry (without the coconut milk) in less than 30 minutes! 

Ingredients :
  
- 1 packet of A1 Instant Chicken Curry Sauce
- 1 kampung chicken - cut into small pieces
- 4 potatoes - peeled and quartered
- 5 stalks of lemongrass (serai) - cut into 4cm to 5cm lengths, slit and crushed
- 4 sprigs of curry leaves
- 8 shallots - peeled and minced
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 800ml water
- Salt - to taste
- 2 tbsp of Cooking oil


Methods :

1) Heat oil in a medium-sized wok and fry the shallot until slightly browned.  Add curry sauce and cinnamon stick.  Stir fry until fragrant.

2) Add chicken, potatoes, lemongrass and curry leaves. Stir and mix well.  

3) Add water and mix well.  Simmer with lid covered until chicken is cooked.

4)  Reduce heat.  Add salt to taste.

5)  Serve with warm rice or with bread.

I prefer thicker curry gravy and if coconut milk is added, wow...... you will get a richer curry gravy too....  Unfortunately, I was quite lazy to go out and buy the coconut milk.  Hence, the end result is chicken curry minus the coconut milk but the taste is still yummy yummy....

Should you want to add the coconut milk, you can add it at step no. 4.  In fact, you can also substitute the coconut milk with either yogurt or milk powder.



1 comment:

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)