Friday 7 September 2012

Vegetable Stock

Today I 'ransack' my refrigerator to see if there is still any available veggies which I might have forgotten to cook or any remaining veggies.  There I found  :
- 2 ears of corn 
- 1 small stick of burdock 
- 2  carrots 
- 2 big tomatoes 
So, I decided to cook vegetable stock.  I washed and cut everything and put them into  a big pot.  I also add :
- 2 big bombay onions
- 3 potatoes
- a handful of red dates

Seasonings :
- some crushed white peppercorn
- salt to taste

Then,  fill the pot with water.  Bring to boil and simmer for about an hour or until the stock is reduced to half.

Remove the pot from heat. 




My main intention is to keep the stock for noodles soup but my girls and I had almost finished the soup (I call it soup cos' it turned out very delicious!) during lunch.  Well, I am not going to keep this stock and might as well finish it later during dinner!

Again there is no rule on how to make this stock. Just throw in whatever you have in your fridge. It will be a delicious basis for your soups.  Moreover,  it is much cheaper than buying veggie stock and it is homemade!

Try it and you will not regret!!!  You may strain and freeze the stock for future use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)