Wednesday 19 September 2012

Stir Fried Malabar Spinach with Salted Egg

Malabar spinach is in fact not related to spinach! The leaves and stems of Malabar Spinach is purplish-red or green. It has fleshy and thick leaves. When cooked, it is slightly slippery. I used to cook this veggie quite often as my girls like it. It is simple and easy to prepare; be it a stir-fry or a simple vegetable soup. No matter how you cook it, it is still tasty!

Here is one of my Malabar Spinach recipes which I stir fried it with salted egg. Hope you like it!!

Ingredients :
- a bunch of Malabar Spinach - washed
- 1 salted egg - whipped;  yolk, cut into small pieces 
-  garlic - crushed
- 1/2 cup of water
- soy sauce - to taste
- Cooking oil

Method :
1) Heat cooking oil in a wok at medium high heat. Add garlic and saute till fragrant.

2) Add malabar spinach and give it a quick stir. Add water and continue to stir another minute.

3) Add salted egg and let it simmer for a while. When the egg is set, add soy sauce and mix well. (Take note that you should adjust the soy sauce accordingly as sometimes the salted egg can be quite salty. As for me, I did not add any salt to it as I have added bamboo salt into my soy sauce).

4) Remove from the heat and serve at once.


 Hope you like this simple recipe.  Enjoy!! 



1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ebanis! As you can see, this is a very simple recipe. Frankly speaking I am not good at cooking and I can only cook simple meals. As for baking, sorry, I am hopeless, hahaha...

    ReplyDelete

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)