Friday 21 September 2012

Rice Cooker Fried Kueh Teow

Last Sunday, we decided to have fried kueh teow for lunch.  However, I was quite lazy to do it the conventional way. I want something simple, easy and quick. So, I used Toshiba rice cooker to cook kueh teow!
The ingredients were quite simple as I just made do with whatever ingredients that were available on that day. However, you can add your preferred ingredients such as prawns, chinese chives, eggs and cockles.

Ingredients :



- 2 packets of IKT kueh teow
- 2 fish cakes (sliced)
- 1 whole garlic (minced)
- 1 bombay onion (chopped)
- bean sprouts (taugeh) - fried separately
cooking oil
Seasonings :
- 2 tbsp of Homemade Chili Paste
- 1 tbsp of dark caramel sauce
- soy sauce (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)

Method :
1) Heat oil in a wok. Saute garlic and onion until aromatic.



2) Add fish cakes and stir well.

3) Transfer the fried ingredients to the rice cooker.

4) Add seasonings to the rice cooker. Then add kueh teow.
  
5)  Stir and mix well.  Select 'Quick Cook'.  

6)  It takes about 30 minutes to cook.  Stir again after you hear the 'beep' sound.  Let it sit for a about 5 minutes.

7)  Meanwhile, fry taugeh to go with the fried kueh teow.

8)  Serve the fried taugeh with kueh teow.  


That day, we had it with simple watercress soup too.

Well, if you want a simple no-fuss cooking, fully utilise your rice cooker.  As I am busy most of the time, I use my rice cooker to cook soup, braise, stew and steam certain foods.  My multi-purpose rice cooker for a lazy person like me, hahaha...

Updated on 31 Oct 2012 :
This post for Rice Cooker Fried Kueh Teow was featured in Toshiba Home Appliances Page.  Have a look at the page. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

To receive new updates, do LIKE SIMPLY BEAUTIFUL AND HEALTHY LIVING FACEBOOK. Thanks for visiting my blog and have a nice day :)